When I set out to begin Vision and Voice, my goal was to celebrate the incredible work of our team members here at UVA Health and prioritize open communication across our organization. With that goal in mind, each week I try to ensure that my posts introduce new ways of thinking about our work, celebrate colleagues from across the Medical Center, and elevate the voices of our team members.
I must say— you make writing this blog easy. I’m never pressed for inspiration when I think of all the unbelievable ways you care for your patients, your colleagues, and our community every single day. Whether through joyful seasons or through difficulty, you keep showing up where it matters and bring your best every day.
While attending our recent UVA Health Town Hall, it struck me how many great accomplishments, challenges, new ideas, and milestones were packed into 2022— what a year! We’ve learned so much, celebrated our wins, and faced adversity together, always united as one team.
As the year comes to a close, I just want to say thank you and that I’m so proud of:
- Our Hospitality and Support Services (HASS) team members for having what it takes to keep things running smoothly for all at UVA Health
- Our music and pet therapy team members and volunteers for providing healing and joy to our patients and their families
- Our nurses for navigating never before seen pressures on the frontlines of patient care
- Our Quality and Performance Metrics team members for managing essential data that benefits every single team at UVA Health
- Our MEDCOM team members for keeping an eye on all communications, transit, security, and more from their roof-top command center
- Our Earn While You Learn team for creating more jobs in our community and simultaneously increasing staffing during the national healthcare staffing shortage
- Our UVA Children’s team members for another stellar year of providing incredible care to children and their families across Virginia and beyond
— and countless others who make us the best we can be!
You should all be deeply proud of what you’ve accomplished this year. If you haven’t already, I encourage you to watch the recording of the UVA Health Town Hall and reflect on your many accomplishments that made 2022 a year to remember. Whether you just joined UVA Health, or you’ve been a team member for decades, all of YOU are the reason we can continue to transform health and inspire hope for all Virginians and beyond.
Take care, be well, and Happy Holidays!